Welcome to the Kootenay Lake House at Kootenay Lakeview Retreats, a harmonious fusion of nature and modern comfort. Nestled on the shores of Arrow Lakes, the cabin offers the perfect blend of tranquility, convenience, and comfort.Guest access
With stunning lake and mountain views, whether you're indoors or on the lake-facing patio, you can savor the fresh mountain air wherever you choose. The outdoor spaces are equipped with high-end furniture and outdoor living essentials (e.g., outdoor kitchen, living room, dining area), perfect for soaking in the serene surroundings.
Step inside to an open living space, featuring large windows that frame the breathtaking lake and mountain vistas. The centerpiece is a wood-burning fireplace, inviting you to gather around its cozy warmth on cool evenings. Modern and stylish furnishings ensure your comfort throughout your stay.
Our luxury cabin features a rejuvenating wood-fired hot tub, an ideal complement to your peaceful retreat. After a soak, cool off in the refreshing lake or the outdoor shower. The surrounding nature provides the perfect backdrop to reset your mind, body and soul.
For restful nights, the cabin offers two thoughtfully appointed bedrooms. The master bedroom features a comfortable custom king-size bed with panoramic lake and mountain views and a reading nook. The cozy loft bedroom features a comfortable queen size bed, nestled above the living room which adds to the cabin's charm. Included in the loft is a unique hammock net hanging above the living room and is a guest favorite, offering a fun place to relax for people of all ages – especially kids!
The luxury cabin is fully equipped with all the essentials, from a modern kitchen to entertainment options like the record player with countless records of various genres and eras, ensuring a stress-free stay. High-speed internet keeps you connected while surrounded by nature's tranquility.
Immerse yourself in the lush forest surroundings by exploring nearby trails, or take a dip in the pristine lake waters, and soak in the healing waters at the multiple nearby hot springs. Outdoor enthusiasts will find endless activities, from hiking and biking to water adventures in every direction.
Conveniently located near Nakusp, you can explore local shops, savor some Kootenay flavours, and engage in various activities. Commercial and natural hot springs are just a short drive away, enhancing your options relaxation.
This isn't just a place to stay; it's a destination for making lasting memories, reconnecting with nature, and reinvigorating your spirit. Book your getaway today and embark on a memorable adventure!
Guest have access to the surrounding property including the beach and lake, the large lawn in front, and the campsite area on the beachAdditional notes
LOCATION/GETTING HEREGuest interaction
We are located in the heart of the West Kootenays on the Arrow Lakes. The Cabin is under 5 minutes from the heart of Nakusp Town. Here are some rough estimates on driving distances:
- Castlegar, British Columbia: 2 hrs
- Cranbrook, British Columbia: 4 hrs
- Fernie, British Columbia: 5 hrs
- Kamloops, British Columbia: 3.5 hrs
- Kelowna, British Columbia: 3 hrs
- Nelson, British Columbia: 2 hrs
- Prince George, British Columbia: 9 hrs
- Revelstoke, British Columbia: 1.5 hrs
- Vancouver, British Columbia: 7 hrs
- Vernon, British Columbia: 2.5 hrs
- Victoria, British Columbia: 9 hrs
- Banff National Park, Alberta: 4.5 hrs
- Calgary, Alberta: 6 hrs
- Edmonton, Alberta: 8.5 hrs
- Jasper National Park, Alberta: 7 hrs
- Lake Louise, Alberta: 4 hrs
- Red Deer, Alberta: 7 hrs
- Waterton National Park: 7 hrs
- Regina, Saskatchewan: 13 hrs
- Coeur D'alene, Idaho: 4.5 hrs
- Missoula, Montana: 7 hrs
- Sandpoint, Idaho: 4 hrs
- Seattle, Washington: 8 hrs
- Spokane, Washington: 4.5 hrs
- Whitefish, Montana: 6 hrs
- Yellow Stone National Park (Bozeman, Montana): 10 hrs
The nearest airports with commercial flights are Kelowna (YLW) and Castlegar (YCG). Nakusp does have a small airport which can accommodate private planes and helicopters.
Getting here will depend on where you are coming from but most routes will require you to take a ferry across the Columbia River. The ferry is free and runs on standard schedule (every 30 or 60 minutes depending which route). There is no need to book the ferry, just show up and drive on at the scheduled time.
There are many activities and things to do in the local area. The cabin is equipped with a very detailed guidebook offering lots of options and directions. Options include:
- Visiting one or more of the 4 hot springs less than 1 hour away (2 which are commercialized and 2 which are competed natural and set in the old growth forest)
- Mountain biking at world class bike park Mount Abriel
- Hiking up to some of the near by peaks and waterfalls including Saddle Mountain Lookout Trail, and Wilson Falls
- Enjoying untouched powder with a local world class heli-skiing operator
- Downhill skiing or cross country at Summit Lake Ski Hill
- Enjoying summer lake activities including boating, paddle boarding, kayaking and water skiing (the Arrow Lakes is one of the calmest lakes in BC with more summer days having little to no breeze)
- Exploring the local historic mining towns including New Denver, Sandon, and Kaslo
- Exploring the back roads and visiting several of the hundreds of lakes in the local area
- Visiting the local market on Saturdays during May-Oct
- Viewing wildlife including Black Bears, Grizzly Bears, Wolves, Elk, Moose, Deer, Otters, and hundreds of species of birds
- Fishing for monster Bull Trout and Rainbow Trout on the lake or fly fishing on the creek mouths or mountain lakes
* Do not hesitate to contact me to find out more about any of these and others.
You most likely won't see us but do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need during your stayNeighborhood overview
Nakusp, a charming town in the West Kootenays. Nestled along the shores of Arrow Lakes, Nakusp offers a blend of natural beauty and a welcoming community with all the staples to cover your needs. Getting around
Explore the local shops in town, taste some delicious food at local restaurants, or engage in various activities, including outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, and relaxation. Take a leisurely stroll through Nakusp's quaint streets and lakefront promenade.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Nakusp provides endless opportunities. Hiking, biking, and water-based activities abound in every direction, making it a perfect destination for those seeking adventure. The nearby commercial and natural hot springs offer rejuvenation and relaxation.
The neighborhood surrounding the cabin is serene and private, ensuring your peaceful escape. It's an ideal destination for creating lasting memories connecting with nature. The cabin is conveniently located near all the attractions Nakusp has to offer, making it the great base for your Kootenay adventure. We are in a private forest less than 5 min drive from the town of Nakusp.
20 min from Nakusp Ski Hill
25 min from Nakusp hot springs
35 minutes from Halcyon hot springs
45 minutes from 2 natural uncommercialized hot springs
1 hour from multiple hikes including mountain alpine view, alpine lakes and large waterfalls
1 hour from countless small mountain lakes for fishing and adventure
1.5 hours south of Revelstoke
Having your own vehicle is going to the best way to enjoy the local area and there is plenty of parking available at the cabin.. Snow tires and 4 wheel drive recommended in the winter when there is fresh snowfalls