Welcome to our Kootenay Lakeview Retreats - Forest Cabin, a balanced blend of modern comfort and the serene natural beauty. This cozy retreat is nestled within an old forest, where the mossy underfoot and towering trees create an enchanting and peaceful atmosphereGuest access
Step inside to discover a spacious open living area with large windows that bring the outdoors in. The centerpiece is a wood-burning fireplace and comfortable leather couch, offering warmth and rustic charm, perfect for gathering around on cool evenings. Modern and inviting furnishings ensure your relaxation and comfort throughout your stay.
The cabin provides stunning views from almost every window, allowing you to soak in the local mountain ranges and the calm Arrow Lakes. Whether you're relaxing indoors or stepping onto the lake-facing patio, high-end outdoor furniture and a well-equipped BBQ invite you to savor the crisp mountain air and the breathtaking surroundings.
Additionally, our forest cabin boasts a rejuvenating wood-barreled sauna and spa deck, the perfect complement to your tranquil escape. After a session in the sauna, take a revitalizing plunge in the cold pool, embracing the restorative benefits of hot-cold therapy amidst the stunning backdrop of the serene lake and wild mountains.
When it's time to rest, the cabin features three thoughtfully decorated bedrooms to accommodate your party. The main bedroom boasts a queen bed and offers great views of the lake and mountains. A second bedroom, affectionately known as 'the nook', provides a cozy, forest-inspired ambiance. While it is charming and offers a unique connection to nature, it's important to note that this room is on the smaller side and has a separate entrance from the outside which adds a touch of rustic charm. The third bedroom, known as the 'bunk room,' features a bunk bed with two single beds. While this arrangement works well for some guests (families with younger kids and close friends), it's important to mention that the entrance to the bunk room is through the main bedroom, which may affect the privacy for some guests.
Our Forest Cabin serves as your home base for rejuvenation and adventure. The cabin is thoughtfully equipped with all the essentials, from a fully stocked kitchen to a variety of entertainment options, ensuring your stay is stress-free. High-speed internet connectivity (over 120 MBPS) keeps you connected while offering an escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
In the serenity of the forest surroundings, you'll find solitude and a peaceful escape. Immerse in the area by exploring the forest trails around the area, or bask in the crystal clear waters of the lake. For outdoor enthusiasts, the opportunities are boundless, with hiking, biking, and water-based activities nearby in all directions.
Our cabin is also conveniently located close to the charming town of Nakusp, where you can explore local shops, enjoy delicious food, and engage in various activities. Whether you're seeking adventure or a deep connection with nature, this cabin offers it all. There are multiple hot spring, commercial and natural, a short drive away.
This is not just a place to stay; it's a place to create unforgettable memories, connect with nature, and rejuvenate your spirit. Book your getaway today and embark on a journey that will leave you with lasting memories.
Please note the cabin is lakeview and is very close to the lake, virtually on top of it, but there is no direct lake access. We have plenty of spots and suggestions within minutes drive where you can access the lake for your adventures.
Guests have full and exclusive access to private 5 acre property and the cabin. Once on the property it's unlikely you will see anyone except maybe the post man or a service provider. You'll have the place to yourself. Please note the property is lake view but does not offer direct access to the lake.Additional notes
Please note the cabin is lakeview and is very close to the lake, virtually on top of it, but there is no direct lake access. We have plenty of spots and suggestions within minutes drive where you can access the lake. Guest interaction
We are located in the heart of the West Kootenays on the Arrow Lakes. The Cabin is under 5 minutes from the heart of Nakusp Town. Here are some rough estimates on driving distances:
- Castlegar, British Columbia: 2 hrs
- Cranbrook, British Columbia: 4 hrs
- Fernie, British Columbia: 5 hrs
- Kamloops, British Columbia: 3.5 hrs
- Kelowna, British Columbia: 3 hrs
- Nelson, British Columbia: 2 hrs
- Prince George, British Columbia: 9 hrs
- Revelstoke, British Columbia: 1.5 hrs
- Vancouver, British Columbia: 7 hrs
- Vernon, British Columbia: 2.5 hrs
- Victoria, British Columbia: 9 hrs
- Banff National Park, Alberta: 4.5 hrs
- Calgary, Alberta: 6 hrs
- Edmonton, Alberta: 8.5 hrs
- Jasper National Park, Alberta: 7 hrs
- Lake Louise, Alberta: 4 hrs
- Red Deer, Alberta: 7 hrs
- Waterton National Park: 7 hrs
- Regina, Saskatchewan: 13 hrs
- Coeur D'alene, Idaho: 4.5 hrs
- Missoula, Montana: 7 hrs
- Sandpoint, Idaho: 4 hrs
- Seattle, Washington: 8 hrs
- Spokane, Washington: 4.5 hrs
- Whitefish, Montana: 6 hrs
- Yellow Stone National Park (Bozeman, Montana): 10 hrs
The nearest airports with commercial flights are Kelowna (YLW) and Castlegar (YCG). Nakusp does have a small airport which can accommodate private planes and helicopters.
Getting here will depend on where you are coming from but most routes will require you to take a ferry across the Columbia River. The ferry is free and runs on standard schedule (every 30 or 60 minutes depending which route). There is no need to book the ferry, just show up and drive on at the scheduled time.
There are many activities and things to do in the local area. The cabin is equipped with a very detailed guidebook offering lots of options and directions. Options include:
- Visiting one or more of the 4 hot springs less than 1 hour away (2 which are commercialized and 2 which are competed natural and set in the old growth forest)
- Mountain biking at world class bike park Mount Abriel
- Hiking up to some of the near by peaks and waterfalls including Saddle Mountain Lookout Trail, and Wilson Falls
- Enjoying untouched powder with a local world class heli-skiing operator
- Downhill skiing or cross country at Summit Lake Ski Hill
- Enjoying summer lake activities including boating, paddle boarding, kayaking and water skiing (the Arrow Lakes is one of the calmest lakes in BC with more summer days having little to no breeze)
- Exploring the local historic mining towns including New Denver, Sandon, and Kaslo
- Exploring the back roads and visiting several of the hundreds of lakes in the local area
- Visiting the local market on Saturdays during May-Oct
- Viewing wildlife including Black Bears, Grizzly Bears, Wolves, Elk, Moose, Deer, Otters, and hundreds of species of birds
- Fishing for monster Bull Trout and Rainbow Trout on the lake or fly fishing on the creek mouths or mountain lakes
* Do not hesitate to contact me to find out more about any of these and others.
You most likely won't see us but do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need during your stayNeighborhood overview
Nakusp, a charming town in the West Kootenays, serves as the picturesque backdrop for your retreat. Nestled along the shores of Arrow Lakes, Nakusp offers a blend of natural beauty and a welcoming community with all the staples to cover your needs. Getting around
Explore the local shops in town, savor delicious cuisine at restaurants, or engage in various activities, including outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, and relaxation. Take a leisurely stroll through Nakusp's quaint streets and discover the vibrant arts and culture scene.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Nakusp provides endless opportunities. Hiking, biking, and water-based activities abound in every direction, making it a perfect destination for those seeking adventure. The nearby commercial and natural hot springs offer rejuvenation and relaxation.
The neighborhood surrounding the cabin is serene and private, ensuring your peaceful escape. It's an ideal destination for creating lasting memories, connecting with nature, and reinvigorating your spirit. The cabin is conveniently located near all the attractions Nakusp has to offer, making it the perfect base for your Kootenay adventure. We are in a private forest less than 5 min drive from the town of Nakusp.
20 min from Nakusp Ski Hill
25 min from Nakusp hot springs
35 minutes from Halcyon hot springs
45 minutes from 2 natural uncommercialized hot springs
1 hour from multiple hikes including mountain alpine view, alpine lakes and large waterfalls
1 hour from countless small mountain lakes for fishing and adventure
1.5 hours south of Revelstoke
Having your own vehicle is going to the best way to enjoy the local area and there is plenty of parking available at the cabin.. Snow tires and 4 wheel drive recommended in the winter when there is fresh snowfalls.